claire’s lemon:aid party

Jul 27, 2010

we celebrated claire’s second birthday saturday morning with an extra special brunch for our extra special girl. we were lucky enough to have our close friend, mike, capture the day for us (he is amazing!!). i think claire enjoyed the party, she really loves being around people. however, i made the mistake of adjusting her special diet a few days prior, which always makes her sleepy as she adjusts. needless to say, she wasn’t as active as usual that day. but it was still a beautiful celebration of her. she also collected about $300 to donate to blood:water mission at her lemon:aid stand. i think she would be so happy that her day was used to help others. so many people have prayed, served, loved on and aided us since claire was born. it is only fitting that we do what little we can to forward that love on and honor our daughter’s life in the process.

below is the brunch buffet table. it included mini quiche, lemon whoopie pies, pineapple bars, banana bread pops and fruit cups. the banners are from the fabulous tomkat studio.

we also set up a lemon:aid area with information on blood:water mission and lemonade favors for the guests. (and a hunky guy is posing by it for you.)

here’s the birthday girl.

and her beautiful hands.

here’s our other little baby enjoying the party.

here’s some pictures featuring my pom madness. believe me, this is only half of it.

we also made little jingle bells to ring after we sang the happy birthday song. if you know claire, she LOVES bells!

and just a couple more pictures our claire bear.

we love her so.

by | Categories: crafty, diy, family, food, fun |

1. Heather
    July 27th, 2010 at 6:02 pm #

Thanks for sharing, Nicky! What a fabulously wonderful party, in looks and in spirit. I just might have to borrow some of those ideas one day.

Happy 2nd birthday, Claire!

2. Amber Stubbs
    July 27th, 2010 at 6:44 pm #

Thank you for sharing! Nicky, you may be the most creative person I know! Super jealous of you abilites. And you have the most amazing posts about your family/life in general.

When I grow up to be a blogger, I want to be just like you!

Happy B’day Claire!!!!

3. Heather
    July 27th, 2010 at 6:56 pm #

P.S. I am jealous of Claire’s dress. I went to get it for Quinn and they were all out. 🙁 So cute!

4. kavita
    July 27th, 2010 at 9:52 pm #

wow Nicky! the party looks great and i’m loving all of the decorations and yummy looking food and lemon:aid. 🙂 it looks like claire was loving all of it!

5. Liz O.
    July 27th, 2010 at 10:22 pm #

What a fabulous party! You are so crafty Nicole! I can’t believe Claire is two already – my youngest just turned two at the end of June…oh, it goes by so fast.

6. Amber
    July 28th, 2010 at 7:40 am #

I wish I could have been there too! Happy Birthday Claire!!

7. Michelle
    July 29th, 2010 at 3:30 pm #

It all looks amazing Nicky!! I hope Claire enjoyed her day!

8. Ruth Graham
    August 2nd, 2010 at 4:32 pm #

Oh, the pics are beautiful and “almost” capture the joy that was there that day. What a wonderful party for a precious Angel.
    Auntie Ruthie

9. Beth
    August 6th, 2010 at 7:29 pm #

Your daughter is beautiful and reminds me so much of my little 3 year old special needs daughter! I followed the link from the Jaimee Rose blog. Feel free to email me if you ever need to vent – bahrn79@aol.com. I know what a challenge raising a special child can be…

Beth

10. nicky
    August 6th, 2010 at 9:13 pm #

thanks everyone! i really am getting into party planning more, it is so fun! i told everyone at the party, claire’s birthday will always be a day i go “all out” for. she probably won’t have all the sports games, recitals, etc that most kids get or lots of opportunities to be the center of attention. her birthday is always something i can make a big deal out of and celebrate how awesome she is. 🙂

11. Andrea
    August 18th, 2010 at 6:07 pm #

Beautiful party, Nicky! Yellow is such a happy, fun color, and it is so sweet that you gave to such a wonderful cause. Happy belated birthday to little Claire!

12. ella@lifeologia.com
    August 18th, 2010 at 9:02 pm #

What a beautiful party. I just found you on Ohdeedoh. Wonderful job with the decorations – I would love to borrow you as I’m making some stuff for my daughter’s 3rd for this weekend 😉

God bless your little angel. I only wish for her to have a beautiful, happy and promising life 😉

Big Hugs to the whole family ;D

13. candice
    August 20th, 2010 at 6:17 pm #

WHERE did you get the bottles?!?! everything looks great!

14. nicky
    August 20th, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

hi candice- the bottles are from IKEA and are $2.99 each. they are so cute, i bought some extra just to keep at home for regular use 🙂

15. candice
    August 20th, 2010 at 7:02 pm #

Ah…IKEA! I had a treasure hunt party for my son and spent soooo much time painting over the “coronita” labels on bottles and in the end couldn’t find corks to fit them. those woulda been perfect. I’m gonna have to stock up for next time! Thanks! You have great party style!

16. susan
    August 24th, 2010 at 10:27 am #

Lovely lovely lovely! I linked to your blog from Ohdeedoh. Did you do all the party preparations yourself? My son’s birthday is this weekend, I hope it is half as beautiful as Claire’s. Your blog is inspiring, thanks so much for sharing!