longest post EVER.

Nov 2, 2009

i’ve been slacking again. honestly i really haven’t felt like writing in some time and taking pictures hasn’t been a priority lately. sorry.

things have been up and down around our house. claire is still on the diet, still having seizures. don’t get me wrong, we have seen major improvements. there are many times she wakes up and doesn’t have them, but sometimes she still does and they can be pretty strong ones. she also has stopped tremoring periodically in her right arm and doing little “jolts” like she used to. she learned how to babble about 2 weeks ago and talks to us every day morning and night! she is also trying to sit on her own, she likes to try and i am very confident that someday she will get the hang of it. she has been super smiley especially in the mornings, which of course makes my day. overall, we are happy with the small changes we have seen and plan to stick to the diet. the doctor reccomended increasing her medicine to see if the combo of it with the idet will work better. so we increased in a few days ago and are hoping we see more improvements.

here’s something else claire has learned to do:

IMG_1498

she likes to tell us when she is sleepy. so sweet.

and get ready here are LOTS of pics of just being cute. to catch you all up on the last month.

IMG_1493

she likes making funny faces.

IMG_1494

IMG_1489

the following are pics adrian snapped of us having a girl talk.

IMG_1509

IMG_1505

IMG_1511

IMG_1508

IMG_1512

IMG_1509

she loves bath time.

IMG_1531

until her paci falls out.

IMG_1536

family pic at schnepf farms festival.

IMG_1559

IMG_1561

what a cute smirk!

IMG_1570

my silly girl.

IMG_1579

IMG_1571

halloween night. she was a claire bear.

IMG_1591

and wanted none of it.

IMG_1607

she was not happy with us. and did not get to trick or treat. because she screamed instead. bummer.

IMG_1606

at least one vender girl enjoyed her costume.

IMG_1613

that’s it for now! congratulations on making it through this looong post! i’ll try to add the pictures to flickr soon so they link up and you can print them if you want!

by | Categories: family, fun |

1. Emily
    November 2nd, 2009 at 5:47 pm #

I love the costumes!!!! Way cute!! i miss you bunches!

2. Josie
    November 2nd, 2009 at 6:01 pm #

So if you have the longest post ever, do we have to write the longest comments ever? If so, I’m on the right track. 😉

It must be a long time since I’ve seen a picture of Claire because she looks so big and grown up! Her hair is getting SO long and looks adorable. And her smiles are so sweet!! What a beautiful little girl you have!

And I’ll be praying for the med/diet to work wonders together. 🙂

3. misty
    November 2nd, 2009 at 6:16 pm #

Nicky! She looks AMAZING! Being with her everyday may make the changes she’s expeperienced seem smaller but from someone like me who hasn’t seen her in months…holy cow! She seems like a different girl almost. The first one after the title “silly girl” honestly brought a tear to my eyes.

4. Auntie Amber
    November 2nd, 2009 at 6:21 pm #

I love my little Claire Bear! I’m so glad to see her becoming a big girl. Wish I was there to hug, kiss and squeeze her tight. OH and I’d like to nibble her toes too. Love you guys. Amber

5. alex evjen
    November 2nd, 2009 at 7:58 pm #

man, claire looks so much like you! both ryan and i agree that she has her mommy’s eyes and nose. =)

6. yasmine
    November 2nd, 2009 at 10:49 pm #

I love Claire Bear and Lily =)… and Amber, you don’t want to nibble on her toes…they are stinky!

7. nicky
    November 3rd, 2009 at 3:43 pm #

yeah they are. her nana says they smell like cheese!

8. kavita
    November 5th, 2009 at 10:07 am #

oh my gosh she makes my heart smile! love the pictures nicky!

9. ambika
    November 9th, 2009 at 10:01 am #

Seriously so cute! & I *love* her Halloween costume–how perfect!