party planning

Jun 23, 2009

if you know me, you know that i LOVE to plan a party. and the fact that this party is my little girl’s first birthday makes it ten times more exciting than any party before. my head is a tornado of ideas and soon my hands will be sore from the amount of crafty things i will be creating but to me- it is pure bliss. here’s a little peek into my delightful madness:

– the colors are hot pink, bright orange and lime green. very punchy, very summery, very girly.

– i am taking it upon myself to create these flower pinwheels to display in metal buckets filled with gerber daisies. cute!

– i am also planning on hanging these paper flowers from the rafters of the park ramada.

– the food will be an all american bbq. that means skin-on hot dogs and buns from von hanson’s. no crappy grocery store wieners here, but authentic minnesota meat! (how cool is it that they have one lonely store out here in chandler?!) bbq beans and sides from our own joe’s real bbq, yum. and a few other dishes that i will put together.

– did i mention mini cupcakes yet? i’ve discovered that mini cupcakes are the WAY to go for parties. less mess, easier to eat and the silly skinny-mini’s who say “i don’t want dessert” can’t even resist a tiny bite of cake perfection. come on!

– there will be singing. yep. our good friend and church worship pastor, stephen cole, is helping us make the evening extra special by leading us in song. they will be songs that celebrate the gift God has given us in claire, reflect on the journey this has been in our lives and ultimately tell Him how much we love Him. and if you are a guest and don’t sing? expect to be STRUCK DOWN by lightening. just kidding. but really i might give you the evil eye and you DO NOT want to chance that. 🙂

so there are some of my fantabulous plans. i cannot wait to have our close friends and family there to celebrate claire and what an amazing little miracle she is in this world.

IMG_0931

by | Categories: crafty, family, food, fun |

1. Mike Olbinski
    June 23rd, 2009 at 10:24 am #

When is her birthday again Nicky?

Also: “my head is a tornado of ideas” – thank you 🙂

2. nicky
    June 23rd, 2009 at 10:30 am #

july 20th! but the party will be on friday the 24th.

and yes, that phrase was my gift to you 🙂

3. Allison
    June 23rd, 2009 at 10:34 am #

Seems like I was just sitting in the hospital with you last week! Time flies! And what a gorgeous party it will be!!!

4. nicky
    June 23rd, 2009 at 10:47 am #

it does seem like yesterday! wow! we need to get together again soon, i miss you!

5. Josie
    June 23rd, 2009 at 11:21 am #

Cute, cute, cute! Sounds like it will be a great party! Will you plan my kids parties? I’m the worst!

6. liz o.
    June 23rd, 2009 at 8:54 pm #

Planning the first birthday party is the BEST! We have Mason’s first this weekend and I am super excited for it! (It’s funny because he will pretty much have no idea what’s going on). It sounds like Claire’s party will be fabulous…have a wonderful time- I’ll look forward to the photos!

7. MonkyePosh
    June 24th, 2009 at 1:54 pm #

Hooray! How fun to plan your little girl’s first birthday!
    OH and pox on skinny mini’s who do not eat cupcakes.

Have a wonderful party!

8. Sara Eeds
    June 24th, 2009 at 2:03 pm #

I can’t wait! I am already marking our calendar for July 24th. Those pinwheels and flowers are so cute!!

9. Amber
    June 26th, 2009 at 12:13 pm #

I’m already making something special for Claire Bear!!!